Dr. Daniel Gaines is a principal member of the Artificial Intelligence Group at JPL. His research interests are in integrated planning and execution and in machine learning to improve planning. His work at JPL is primarily focused on planning and execution techniques for planetary exploration rovers. Dr. Gaines received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before coming to JPL, Dr. Gaines was an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Vanderbilt University.
- Planning and Scheduling Group at JPL
- Artificial Intelligence at JPL
- Exploration Systems Autonomy at JPL
- CLARAty Rover Autonomy Architecture
- Coordinating multi-rover operations